Can I offer Advocates gift cards instead of a discount code?
One major benefit to offering gift cards as a reward is that Advocates can use more than one gift card at a time during checkout, while discount codes are limited to one per order.
If your store is on Shopify Plus, you have the option to select the "Automatically-Created Gift Card" Advocate Incentive. This will automatically create gift cards for you Advocates as a reward. In order to activate this option, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Go to the Apps section of your Shopify dashboard, scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and click the "Manage private apps" link.
2. Click "Create new private app". Give the app a name (ex: "Conjured Subscriptions Gift Cards") and make sure that the "Gift cards" option is set to "Read and write". Save the app.
3. Get the app's API key and email your Shopify Plus Merchant Success Manager with it, asking them to enable the gift card API endpoint for that key. Shopify requires this manual step to enable gift cards.
4. Once your Shopify Plus Merchant Success Manager has confirmed that gift card API access is enabled, copy/paste the private app's API key and password into the Integrations page of Conjured Referrals. Save your changes.
5. You'll now be able to select the "Automatically-Created Gift Card" Advocate Incentive in your campaigns.
Unfortunately, Shopify limits access to the gift card API to Shopify Plus stores only. If you still want to offer gift cards as a reward, the process is a bit more manual.
1. To begin with, select "Manually-Added Custom Codes" as the Advocate Incentive.
2. Then, manually create several gift card codes directly in Shopify.
3. Finally, take the codes you added in step #2, and go to the Reward Codes tab of your campaign. Click the "Add Custom Reward Codes" button at the top right of the page, select "Advocate" for the "Reward Recipient" and paste your gift card codes.
NOTE: As gift card codes are assigned to Advocates, you'll eventually start to run low. Conjured Referrals will send an email to the notification email (set on the General Settings page of the app) to notify you when you're running low on codes so you can go in and add more.
If you have any questions or trouble implementing anything listed, please don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.